Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Thoughts and Green Armpits

So I washed off the funk of weigh-in day with my next 5k.  We did the Color Run in Richmond and had a ball.  Not only did we get to get messy, (My armpits are still green and I'm still digging purple out of my ears.)  but it was our best 5k yet!  There were a few little victories had:

1. Ran 2 miles, no stoppage.
2. Only stopped (and was walking briskly) for a brief moment on a hill but got back to it immediately.      

3. PR!! We did the race in just over 40 minutes!  Big deal for these girls!

Yesterday's race makes me feel better about jumping to 8k and 10k soon.  We are going to do a zombie run next month and then I'll be starting to train for a longer distances.   Wait. Who am I?
Jaime and I all clean pre-race.

3 miles later...

Duck face. Yes, evidently I'm a 12 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment