Well y'all, Thanksgiving came and left with little fuss. My brain is a bit fuzzy as my diet for the past 24 hours has consisted mostly of Nyquil for a funky little chest cold that I have going on over here on the sick-couch. To make this post easy on all of us, I'll list some highlights and lowlights for the Thanksgiving weekend and the past couple of days.
Thanksgiving highlights
I had a nice easy day shopping with my mom in the morning and a dinner with our my husband's family. Our dinner was nice and mostly healthy and there was no corn & mashed potato mountain of doom. (I have witnesses!) I avoided the green bean casserole and that almost killed me! I could hear it crying after I shunned it. I did not avoid pie - though I only had 1/2 a slice. Little victories. I also did not step on the scale after; or since last Sunday. We'll get to that later.
General highlights
Again this past few days, I have had friends check in on me to see how I'm doing. And I have one friend who IMs me nearly every day just checking on me. I some bad-ass friends I tell you. Even my friends who I never see rock - even a little text or email helps!
I started 'playing' Just Dance on our Wii U. I have to say it is awesome! -And hilarious for my husband to watch as I try to look like Nicki Minaj. It is one heck of a work-out! I think this is a great way to stay mobile; especially when its gross outside. Before you even think it, NO, this is not like saying "Oh, I do Wii fit...". You must MOVE to hang in there with the songs. And of course I'm doing my own karaoke show for myself along with each song. I'm perfecting some pretty sweet moves.
New decisions
So I made some progress in the first weeks of my little project, but I don't think I'm structured enough.
-And I don't think I can build the structure I need myself. So my buddy and I are going to give Weight Watchers a shot. I'm going to start going tomorrow, which is why I didn't weigh myself. I was getting a little kooky about it so I'll let the WW people take care of that for me. I did try this program a looooong time ago and it seemed to work when I followed it - which lasted about two or three weeks. Ugh. Wish us luck!
Thanksgiving highlights
I had a nice easy day shopping with my mom in the morning and a dinner with our my husband's family. Our dinner was nice and mostly healthy and there was no corn & mashed potato mountain of doom. (I have witnesses!) I avoided the green bean casserole and that almost killed me! I could hear it crying after I shunned it. I did not avoid pie - though I only had 1/2 a slice. Little victories. I also did not step on the scale after; or since last Sunday. We'll get to that later.
General highlights
![]() |
| Gosh! |
I started 'playing' Just Dance on our Wii U. I have to say it is awesome! -And hilarious for my husband to watch as I try to look like Nicki Minaj. It is one heck of a work-out! I think this is a great way to stay mobile; especially when its gross outside. Before you even think it, NO, this is not like saying "Oh, I do Wii fit...". You must MOVE to hang in there with the songs. And of course I'm doing my own karaoke show for myself along with each song. I'm perfecting some pretty sweet moves.
New decisions
So I made some progress in the first weeks of my little project, but I don't think I'm structured enough.
-And I don't think I can build the structure I need myself. So my buddy and I are going to give Weight Watchers a shot. I'm going to start going tomorrow, which is why I didn't weigh myself. I was getting a little kooky about it so I'll let the WW people take care of that for me. I did try this program a looooong time ago and it seemed to work when I followed it - which lasted about two or three weeks. Ugh. Wish us luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment