Sunday, November 11, 2012

So...yeah...I've got that goin' for me...

I'm back after an unplanned blog hiatus.  My last post on October 28th was short, sweet and exciting!

Now what?

I'm back up a few pounds and have not been active at all in the past week.  I guess one could say I've fallen off the horse.  It's so funny how a person can work to form new habits, be doing really well with them, and then BOOM goes the dynamite. I know, given my history, that am always one Wendy's #1 combo meal away from sliding off track.  Once you have one, you can't stop!

Our trip to GA - Cropped from boobs-up of course.
Well, yeah, so that happened.  We went a little vacation to visit friends and it was awesome! We had a blast but I made the mistake of uttering those famous fat girl words, "Dude, I'm on vacation! I'm not worrying about my diet..."  -And in the week since, I've taken that same lazy attitude with me a bit. Things at work are very busy, college basketball season has started, and my time is stretched a little bit thin right now.  So during times like this, my high-maintenence, serious friends like vegetables and my 5k Training App tend to get the boot and I prefer the company of pizza, Dr. Pepper and sweet tea.  They're like the friend you have who might be a little bit dumb, but you love him/her because he/she is low-maintenence, easy going, sweet and readily available.  I've been taking this route, and this combined a little natural hurdle can be so discouraging!

**Warning to men (and women in denial) - I'm going to talk briefly about my /<gasp> /<whisper> PERIOD.**


Look y'all , it sucks.  We know it's coming. We know what it does to us medically - always a headache, cramps, general shrewish behavior, sore bits-n-pieces and ALWAYS water/weight retention.  We KNOW this. Yet still when the scale creeps up and our jeans are a little tight it's still very, very discouraging.  So what happens? Pass the cheese fries, please!  I know we women should be thankful for our period (yes, y'all, say it out loud - period. It's okay.) because we know our bodies are carrying on well naturally.  But, other than the life disruptions we have to go through monthly when it shows up, menses seems to derail our whole train of logical thinking and make us a little bit brain-dead. Why is that?  I know all of these things and yet still I'm discouraged as heck!

Anyway, enough about that.  The good news is there's always tomorrow and I'll get back on the horse. -Had a healthy grocery shopping trip last night and I got a safety light for being on the road after dark (thanks a lot, time change!)    So I've got the goin' for me, which is nice. ----------------------------------------->

Lastly today, I've had a few friends check on me this week just to see how I'm feeling or how I'm progressing with my new life choices.  You all win 100 cool points from me! I really appreciate that!!

This week, I need to try and plan meals a little better, use myfitnesspal (because it helps!) and get out on the pavement!





1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is always harder when Aunt Flo is in town, but take it one decision at a time and hopefully you will see a little drop when she leaves.

    ReplyDelete