I took two weeks off from the blog world and I'm back now! I was just waiting to get all test results back so I could update everyone on everything at the same time. The surgery went really well and I spent my recovery days resting and watching WAYYY too much tv; mostly Duck Dynasty, Big Bang Theory and Girls. Imagine my pain-medicine filled dreams after watching those all day?? Uncle Si and Sheldon Cooper built a beaver-dam-destroying-robot-
boat...
I had my final post-op exam yesterday and got a 97% clean bill of lady health. I had more lesions and polyps than my OB had initially seen but she was able to take care of them all and send them off for pathology testing. Thankfully, everything came back negative: no cancerous cells and no real abnormalities in the tissue. Now the only thing we'll still be addressing (hopefully) is the hormonal side of things that have me covered in zits and looking like a 7th-grader before the first school dance. I've healed well and just have to follow up for some final labs in 90 days. I really appreciate that so many people took time to check on me that week. It really touched me. It's funny who you hear from when things like this pop up; and even more peculiar who you don't hear from.
boat...
I had my final post-op exam yesterday and got a 97% clean bill of lady health. I had more lesions and polyps than my OB had initially seen but she was able to take care of them all and send them off for pathology testing. Thankfully, everything came back negative: no cancerous cells and no real abnormalities in the tissue. Now the only thing we'll still be addressing (hopefully) is the hormonal side of things that have me covered in zits and looking like a 7th-grader before the first school dance. I've healed well and just have to follow up for some final labs in 90 days. I really appreciate that so many people took time to check on me that week. It really touched me. It's funny who you hear from when things like this pop up; and even more peculiar who you don't hear from.
So just a couple days post-op I took by self back to the gym with Big A. I couldn't really lift so we did a makeshift spin class on the bike which was a lot of fun and got us a lot of strange looks from the people around. It was just what I needed even though I was absolutely spent the next day! I've slowly worked my way back in and I'm back to my routine now...with one change...this girl is starting to do 3 training sessions per week now! I'm trying to get down to the XL by the end of the summer! In addition to the Redskins shirt, I ordered my jacket (specifically for the Washington trip) in an XL. There's work to do!! My butt and legs have gotten memo but my gut has not!
Let's talk about the pounds then shall we?
So my sweet husband drove me (in my cloudy state) all the way to my WW meeting the day after my procedure to I could see my team JAG girls and weigh in. I was up 1 pound. :( I wasn't destroyed or anything b/c I was still swollen, etc. No biggie. It was just important that I was there even though it was only for 2 minutes. The following week (last Wednesday) I lost 1.6 pounds! And......this Wednesday I had a loss of 4.2 pounds!! I was so excited! I won't have a week like that every time, but that really helped motivate me. The team JAG girls have lost well over 70 pounds total now! That brings my current weight to 260 even. (When I posted my first blog in October, 2012, I was at 287 pounds.) I have some ups and downs in there; and I calculated last night that I have lost 23 since starting with my trainer.
What's next?
I still plan to participate in the 5k here in a couple of weeks with my friend. (You can sign up too - www.hoosheal.com) I can easily cover the 3.2 mile distance now at a slow pace. This first one, though, may be more walking that running. I'll keep building up and doing more though and eventually I'll be able to run a whole race!
I started two to grad. classes last week - taking two together is insane, but I'm maintaining. My social life will suffer but that's ok. At this point, as long as I get in husband time, homework time, and gym time each week I'll be ok. Hopefully my friends and family understand - and I think they do. I know many of them want this for me as much as I want it for myself, which is awesome!
Other bits and pieces
Basketball season ended for the year when my Hoos lost in the NIT round of 16 Wednesday night. I'm totally bummed but I know both our men's and women's teams have so much potential! The good thing is that an end to basketball means two things: more baseball!! and spring football!! Speaking of football...REALLY Dallas?? I'm now convinced that Jerry Jones has finally lost his damn mind. Six more years for Tony Romo at $108 million? "He's a franchise quarterback!" people say. He's going to dump your franchise in the pooper I say. I can't believe I'm saying this - but Dallas' fans deserve better. Now...Hail to the Redskins!
What's next?
I still plan to participate in the 5k here in a couple of weeks with my friend. (You can sign up too - www.hoosheal.com) I can easily cover the 3.2 mile distance now at a slow pace. This first one, though, may be more walking that running. I'll keep building up and doing more though and eventually I'll be able to run a whole race!
I started two to grad. classes last week - taking two together is insane, but I'm maintaining. My social life will suffer but that's ok. At this point, as long as I get in husband time, homework time, and gym time each week I'll be ok. Hopefully my friends and family understand - and I think they do. I know many of them want this for me as much as I want it for myself, which is awesome!
Other bits and pieces
Basketball season ended for the year when my Hoos lost in the NIT round of 16 Wednesday night. I'm totally bummed but I know both our men's and women's teams have so much potential! The good thing is that an end to basketball means two things: more baseball!! and spring football!! Speaking of football...REALLY Dallas?? I'm now convinced that Jerry Jones has finally lost his damn mind. Six more years for Tony Romo at $108 million? "He's a franchise quarterback!" people say. He's going to dump your franchise in the pooper I say. I can't believe I'm saying this - but Dallas' fans deserve better. Now...Hail to the Redskins!

No comments:
Post a Comment