Sunday, July 21, 2013

Out of the fog...

Well I have been totally smacked down for over a week with a nasty sinus AND ear infection.  Today is the first day since last Friday that I've felt I'm not in a fog and returning to my normal oddball self.  I tried to push through and work and work-out as much as I could but it did get me pretty good.   Thankfully, as much as I hate to take them, I finally got some good drugs on Friday and I'm much, much better!

So I was able to weigh in Wednesday morning at WW and I was a loser! -Down another 2.4 pounds.  I can see 50! 50 isn't the end-all, but it's a big number and it will be a place to almost start over and set more goals.  I also said I wasn't going to get another tattoo until I lost that much weight, so there's that.  Don't worry; no roses on my butt or tiger paws on my boobs.

What else is up? Fitness-wise I'm plugging along.  We added one of those 100 squat challenges to go along with everything else I'm doing in the gym.  So I started at 25 (with 60lbs) and move up in increments of 5 each day (3 days on and 1 off) until I get to 100.  -Then we'll do another challenge.  I'm up to 60.  I haven't been able to do them all with the full weight because of being sick, or the bar being occupied in the gym but I use the heaviest weight I have close by- which could be my full gallon water jug, a 25lb kettlebell, or a heavier free weight.  Why? I'm sure Big A needs to keep be occupied and challenged. Also, I am trying to lose all this weight but I still need a big girl booty. ;)

What's up next?  Well I'm going to train Monday and Tuesday and also try to rest as much as possible for the next couple of nights.  This sick business has drained me!  I have a 1 mile race on Wednesday with Jaime and we're hoping to greatly improve our mile time.  We'll see!


This week's obsession? Two things.

First, this.  The song's been out for a bit but I just love it, and I love this band!





Second, this picture of myself from a month or so ago.  I found it on my phone today and it cracks me up for no good reason.  You're welcome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment