First of all, I have to be a homer for a minute. My 'Hoos men's basketball team makes me prouder by the day. They won a big one against Notre Dame today and showed some serious heart and selflessness. They are total class and composure on and off the court! This does tie in to my post, I promise.
So, as I'm cheering them on today at the arena for the millionth time I realized something as all of the seats filled up around us. I wasn't hot and sweaty. I wasn't touching my neighbor on either side. I could cross my legs. I did not have armrests digging in to my sides, and I didn't have to 'plan ahead' by wedging myself way forward on the seat if I wanted to stand up. I guess this has been the case for a little bit now, but somehow I just took notice today. I was comfortable, and I didn't even think about how I was fitting in the seat or anything else but the game. I remember my first season there. I had to push myself in to the seats and wiggle myself out. Not anymore. How cool is that? Little victory.
I also realized, when I changed clothes after the game, that I'm able to see progress again. Remember those button fly jeans I talked about back in the fall? I was wearing those - with a saggy butt and I could take them on and off without undoing any of the buttons! How 'about that, y'all? Very cool little victory. I need some jeans. In fact I am almost out of non-gym clothes. This is great! I'm not going to go crazy though, don't worry.
I had a good night on my own at the gym tonight after a good weigh in this morning. -Down 2.2 from last week. That was a nice start to my Saturday!
I committed to my two goal races this week by forking over the cash and officially signing up for them. I'm going back to basics for my 10k and am training "from scratch" using intervals. I have moved away from that later and I honestly think that works better for me. I have a decent guide app. (10K Runner) that I'm using and I'm pleased with it. Once i finish this program, I'll roll right in to training for my <eek> first half marathon!! I still giggle every time I say it or type it. There's a partner app. (21K Runner) that piggy-backs right on to the 10K app. that will take me through to October and my 13.1 miles. I'm so excited about both of them and can't wait to finish them- I don't care how fast! I know I can do it, I just have to put in the work. Also, knowing that some special people will be running with me makes me so happy!
Nothing crazy going on for the upcoming week - just gonna keep grinding as my student-athletes at work say. Here's hoping for more good results this week!
So, as I'm cheering them on today at the arena for the millionth time I realized something as all of the seats filled up around us. I wasn't hot and sweaty. I wasn't touching my neighbor on either side. I could cross my legs. I did not have armrests digging in to my sides, and I didn't have to 'plan ahead' by wedging myself way forward on the seat if I wanted to stand up. I guess this has been the case for a little bit now, but somehow I just took notice today. I was comfortable, and I didn't even think about how I was fitting in the seat or anything else but the game. I remember my first season there. I had to push myself in to the seats and wiggle myself out. Not anymore. How cool is that? Little victory.
I also realized, when I changed clothes after the game, that I'm able to see progress again. Remember those button fly jeans I talked about back in the fall? I was wearing those - with a saggy butt and I could take them on and off without undoing any of the buttons! How 'about that, y'all? Very cool little victory. I need some jeans. In fact I am almost out of non-gym clothes. This is great! I'm not going to go crazy though, don't worry.
I had a good night on my own at the gym tonight after a good weigh in this morning. -Down 2.2 from last week. That was a nice start to my Saturday!
I committed to my two goal races this week by forking over the cash and officially signing up for them. I'm going back to basics for my 10k and am training "from scratch" using intervals. I have moved away from that later and I honestly think that works better for me. I have a decent guide app. (10K Runner) that I'm using and I'm pleased with it. Once i finish this program, I'll roll right in to training for my <eek> first half marathon!! I still giggle every time I say it or type it. There's a partner app. (21K Runner) that piggy-backs right on to the 10K app. that will take me through to October and my 13.1 miles. I'm so excited about both of them and can't wait to finish them- I don't care how fast! I know I can do it, I just have to put in the work. Also, knowing that some special people will be running with me makes me so happy!
Nothing crazy going on for the upcoming week - just gonna keep grinding as my student-athletes at work say. Here's hoping for more good results this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment