Another week down and another pound and a half down, too!
A few snow days and a nasty cold impeded my progress a bit but everything will return to normal this week. I think back to a year or two ago, and this cold I'm fighting off would have put me flat on my butt for a week and taking weeks after to return to normal. This time around, I needed just a couple of days and I'm slowly feeling better. That's a major victory in my book. Major.
I'm doing much better with food and am back on the track I was on before the holiday. I need to keep creating more good habits.
Major victory two? Blood.
I had a quarterly lab check-up with my primary doctor, Dr. Mom Jeans, this week. Unbelievable. All of my 'numbers' are not only normal, but better than that. It's the best blood profile I've ever had. EVER! My numbers had been great and I was off meds, which I wrote about before, but they're getting better. I was amazed and encouraged. I really wanted to cry. Dr. Mom Jeans even gave me a big ole hug! When I texted the news to my friend today, their response was that they were tearing up. Then I cried. Also, then I wiped my eyes with tissues infused with Vicks Vapo-rub. Then I cried again. Seriously though, I'm so happy.
Major victor three? Jumprope.
Yes, I have three victories to report. Tonight at boot camp I had a great time. Yes - I had fun. I jumped rope, y'all. This is a major win for your girl! And the second time around I did really well! Loved it. That was a big deal to this girl!
Major victory four? Team Cavanaugh
Ok this one isn't mine, but I need to send big big love out to the most wonderful husband in the world. Jason is finishing up his final projects and is about to finish his degree…with honors! I'm so proud!! I can't wait to celebrate with you officially and open up this next chapter for both of us. I love you to the moon and back x Pi!
So - lots of hard work. No feeling sorry for myself. No more road blocks (for all of Team Cavanaugh). We're doing it! I'm ready to keep going down this long road! Thanks for your continuing support.
With that I have a new theme song / jam! (Warning - cuss words!) I'm going to play DJ and send it out with a shout out to my trainer, my homey, my friend, Big A. {Y'all send him some good vibes too, because he sure could use them!} He's taking on a big challenge over the next few days, so send him some good thoughts and prayers, or whatever you do. He is my rock every day at the gym and beyond so I hope he knows how much he means to us. We'll be cheering you on from home. You got this, B! Here's my jam for you:
Here's a link for folks who can't get the video to play:
Kid Ink - No Miracles (Explicit Language)
A few snow days and a nasty cold impeded my progress a bit but everything will return to normal this week. I think back to a year or two ago, and this cold I'm fighting off would have put me flat on my butt for a week and taking weeks after to return to normal. This time around, I needed just a couple of days and I'm slowly feeling better. That's a major victory in my book. Major.
I'm doing much better with food and am back on the track I was on before the holiday. I need to keep creating more good habits.
Major victory two? Blood.
I had a quarterly lab check-up with my primary doctor, Dr. Mom Jeans, this week. Unbelievable. All of my 'numbers' are not only normal, but better than that. It's the best blood profile I've ever had. EVER! My numbers had been great and I was off meds, which I wrote about before, but they're getting better. I was amazed and encouraged. I really wanted to cry. Dr. Mom Jeans even gave me a big ole hug! When I texted the news to my friend today, their response was that they were tearing up. Then I cried. Also, then I wiped my eyes with tissues infused with Vicks Vapo-rub. Then I cried again. Seriously though, I'm so happy.
Major victor three? Jumprope.
Yes, I have three victories to report. Tonight at boot camp I had a great time. Yes - I had fun. I jumped rope, y'all. This is a major win for your girl! And the second time around I did really well! Loved it. That was a big deal to this girl!
Major victory four? Team Cavanaugh
Ok this one isn't mine, but I need to send big big love out to the most wonderful husband in the world. Jason is finishing up his final projects and is about to finish his degree…with honors! I'm so proud!! I can't wait to celebrate with you officially and open up this next chapter for both of us. I love you to the moon and back x Pi!
So - lots of hard work. No feeling sorry for myself. No more road blocks (for all of Team Cavanaugh). We're doing it! I'm ready to keep going down this long road! Thanks for your continuing support.
With that I have a new theme song / jam! (Warning - cuss words!) I'm going to play DJ and send it out with a shout out to my trainer, my homey, my friend, Big A. {Y'all send him some good vibes too, because he sure could use them!} He's taking on a big challenge over the next few days, so send him some good thoughts and prayers, or whatever you do. He is my rock every day at the gym and beyond so I hope he knows how much he means to us. We'll be cheering you on from home. You got this, B! Here's my jam for you:
Here's a link for folks who can't get the video to play:
Kid Ink - No Miracles (Explicit Language)
No comments:
Post a Comment