It took a few weeks but I am feeling like I am back in the zone. I am motivated. I am working hard. I have having fun. I want to run. I want to be at the gym. I have 180'd my food in the past couple of weeks and I am seeing results again, inside and out. I think I can officially say I am out of my funk.
So, my post from earlier today (http://angelcavanaugh.blogspot.com/2014/02/do-what-stats-tell-you.html) REALLY helped end this week on a high note. I have been having bad hip and knee pain while running so I got fitted for different shoes. Jackpot! I was able to do that 70 minute run (first 4 minutes were walking), get just over 4 miles in, and do a full hour of Big A training today. And I feel great!! No pain - just sweat and I'm sleepy. :) This gives me hope about my commitments to run the 10K and the 1/2 marathon! I WILL DO IT!
I was already motivated this morning when I weighed in and was down a little over 4 pounds since last Saturday! I had crept back up to 245.9 and am sitting at 241.1 today. I have found a way to jumpstart things again. Hopefully I'll have a few weeks of this and then I can consistently get rid of .5-1.5 a week after that and I'll be thrilled. It's all about food. I've realized during my little funk that I can use my crazy food obsession, but in a totally different way. I just need to obsess about broccoli rather than chips and dip.
I also now know that maybe my funk was a good thing. It made me realize that I have to start working a little harder and longer to get some more results. That's a GOOD thing. It means I have made progress and my body will not let me get by with minimum effort.
How am I going to keep this going? I'm going to an extra boot-camp style class for 2 nights during the week and I love it. -Just started that this past week. It's not crazy at all and there are people of all levels there so it's perfect! (By the way, if you live near me you are welcomed to come with me!)
I've got some motivation shout-outs to give today. So many of you keep me motivated and I appreciate it so much!! …from checking my desk for bad snacks and soda at work (Abbey) , to 'liking' Facebook posts or talking to me there about fitness stuff (TONS of you - but especially Missy, Teresa, and my new friend Sam who is killin' it in her gym across town!), calling me out on my lack of blog posts, telling me you're proud (My best husband in the world, and Mo Mo and Pete), reminding me how far I've come (Big A), or even telling me my ass looks smaller (You really think I'm telling you who said that??). Oh - and of course my mommas. All real G's thank their mommas. I appreciate all of you! Thank you! I do really love y'all. …and stop looking at my ass.
____________________
This week's obsession…my obsession for the past 2 months:
So, my post from earlier today (http://angelcavanaugh.blogspot.com/2014/02/do-what-stats-tell-you.html) REALLY helped end this week on a high note. I have been having bad hip and knee pain while running so I got fitted for different shoes. Jackpot! I was able to do that 70 minute run (first 4 minutes were walking), get just over 4 miles in, and do a full hour of Big A training today. And I feel great!! No pain - just sweat and I'm sleepy. :) This gives me hope about my commitments to run the 10K and the 1/2 marathon! I WILL DO IT!
I was already motivated this morning when I weighed in and was down a little over 4 pounds since last Saturday! I had crept back up to 245.9 and am sitting at 241.1 today. I have found a way to jumpstart things again. Hopefully I'll have a few weeks of this and then I can consistently get rid of .5-1.5 a week after that and I'll be thrilled. It's all about food. I've realized during my little funk that I can use my crazy food obsession, but in a totally different way. I just need to obsess about broccoli rather than chips and dip.
I also now know that maybe my funk was a good thing. It made me realize that I have to start working a little harder and longer to get some more results. That's a GOOD thing. It means I have made progress and my body will not let me get by with minimum effort.
How am I going to keep this going? I'm going to an extra boot-camp style class for 2 nights during the week and I love it. -Just started that this past week. It's not crazy at all and there are people of all levels there so it's perfect! (By the way, if you live near me you are welcomed to come with me!)
I've got some motivation shout-outs to give today. So many of you keep me motivated and I appreciate it so much!! …from checking my desk for bad snacks and soda at work (Abbey) , to 'liking' Facebook posts or talking to me there about fitness stuff (TONS of you - but especially Missy, Teresa, and my new friend Sam who is killin' it in her gym across town!), calling me out on my lack of blog posts, telling me you're proud (My best husband in the world, and Mo Mo and Pete), reminding me how far I've come (Big A), or even telling me my ass looks smaller (You really think I'm telling you who said that??). Oh - and of course my mommas. All real G's thank their mommas. I appreciate all of you! Thank you! I do really love y'all. …and stop looking at my ass.
____________________
This week's obsession…my obsession for the past 2 months:
No comments:
Post a Comment