Saturday, October 27, 2012

$hit just got real...

Well friends, this week has not gone so well regarding my new eating and exercise habits. As of today my weight is back up two pounds and my hips and sacroiliac area (you know, the bones/joints that look like a butterfly behind your butt) are in a great deal of pain. That's a big bummer. So how do I figure out the problem here and turn these setbacks into something I can use?

First, I did slack off late in the week with my exercise. This, of course, contributed to my lack of progress on the scale.  I'm thinking this literal pain-in-the-butt is coming from my shoes or my posture. I am going to have my walking/jogging posture and gait analyzed and likely will buy a new pair of shoes. We're going on a mini-vacation at the end of the coming week, though, so this will have to wait until payday when we get back.  {Contrary to popular belief, working for one of the top universities in the country does not have me swimming around in my money like Scrooge McDuck. :) }  So my budget will allow this after our trip  -Updates on this to come. Y'all don't let me forget!  I will, however, be back on the road starting tomorrow and every other day as long as Hurricane Sandy doesn't come in and ruin everyone's fun here in central Virginia. I'll just take it a little easier for a bit.

Casualties of (fat)War
Next, I was lucky enough to have some social outings this week with wonderful friends.  These, of course, generally revolve around two things (other than gossip):  food, and frothy beverages.  I really wasn't nearly as bad as I would normally have been, but I did enjoy myself.  We see how that turned out.

So I spent this wild Friday night  before blogging cleaning out our pantry.  I did let Jason, my husband and best supporter ever, keep his snacks within reason.  I was shocked at all of the absolute crap I have in this house to eat!  Not doing this on day one of my epiphany was a mistake.   Look at all of it!! Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm shooting myself in the foot! How can I be good with all of this here?
Answer:  I can't.  So it's out.  I'll always remember our love affair with fondness, Tony The Tiger.  I'm going to do better. -And I will get where I need to be.  I just needed another "a-ha" moment.  It's on now...
















No comments:

Post a Comment