Monday, November 19, 2012

In off the ledge (or, A Niblet's Demise)...

Well I'm proud to say I'm back down to 276!!! I buckled down a little bit more since I last posted and feel a little better about my whole deal. -Just in time for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can control myself, but y'all just don't know what mashed potatoes do to a big girl!

See - I'm not the only one...
I mean here's how sick I am. WAS. How sick I was. I'd have to have a giant pile of 'taters that had some height to it. Why? Duh...because I'd have to dig a hole and fill it full of butter and precious little corn niblets!! Then after a few bites with the nearest spork or other utensil, modern conveniences won't do and I have to start using my rolls ( yes plural ) to dip! You get the picture...do you need a cigarette? Whew! I sure do!

Not this year. I'll enjoy myself for sure; but no potato mountains. And I certainly won't be talking to the poor little niblets as they drown in Country Crock. -Not that I ever did that, I'm just sayin'...

All gluttony aside, though, I really do feel a little better. I'm finding that it's still tough keep these new habits in tact but I'm trying. I feel like I may need some sort of new jump start soon. Suggestions welcomed.

Now sorry to get mushy, but I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and can spend some time with family and friends. My home-town community got hit with a harsh dose of reality this week with the sudden loss of a child. Things like this make one think hard about the ones closest to us. Just do me a favor and have a great time over the holidays, but think some good thoughts about folks who are struggling.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Angel! Thanksgiving is a tough time for weight loss or even weight maintenance. Don't let one week on the scale make you think like you've fallen off the horse though! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete