Monday, May 20, 2013

Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, and other great philosophers

"Thinking I will live another 24" <<Ice Cube voice>>

So ok, I bent the rules last week and and it was soooo good - but I don't feel good about it.  I did have a piece of Papa John's pizza. And shrimp tacos. With guacamole.  But I was twitchy and itchy and I really needed to! I'll tell you how I paid for the Papa John's later, two-fold.

Aww yeah!! Don't act like that
wasn't hot!
P.s. I DID have hair
under the hat.
The good news is it didn't totally derail me.  I did get back on track and was down over 2 lbs. this past week! I haven't seen under 250 lbs (as best as I can guess) since I graduated high school, eh-hem, 18 years ago. Damn. Even then it wasn't much under that.  As of last week I came in at 250.8/251.5 respectively ( 2 different scales ).  Hopefully one more week and I'll be under 250, and back in those horribly awesome bib-overalls, wearing Adidas Sambas, and listening to Gin & Juice (laid baaaack).  Interesting image, huh.  It's funny, when most reminisce about their back-in-the-day self it's much different - they want to get back to 120, or size 4. I just want to get back to 250. Dang.  No, I'm not really going to put the bibs back on.  I would, though, if I still had them.  I do have a picture.  I at least cropped the other two pour souls out. They'd kill me!  We'll see what the scale holds this week!

Let's move on to the gym.  We're getting there.  With every session comes something that I'm not so good at.  I get so frustrated! -But, I'm still here doing the best I can.

 ...Now, the punishment for for that Papa John's...


My training had a little unintended payback for me last Thursday.  Big A treated me to sprints (granted, my sprints are not as sprinty as others) alternating with walking around the building.  The good thing: he did it with me, rather than just watching me go in circles which was nice.  The bad:  I paid for that slice of pizza with every lap because the smell of that baking crust was overwhelming! Torture! I worked off the pizza, and saw how I can do much better with running. It was rewarding, and Thursday ended up being a good day after all.

I'm making progress - maybe I'll "see the lights of the Goodyear blimp, saying I'm a pimp" :) soon too.









No comments:

Post a Comment