Sunday, May 12, 2013

Because I'm A Lady, Damnit.

I just submitted my miserable final paper for class, I had to miss my best-good friend's going-away bash, AND baseball; so I thought I'd write something fun! 

Things are great since my last post.  I weighed in Wednesday at WW and was down 6.2 pounds for the week! I'm now down over 30 pounds since the beginning of all this now.  I have to say my new food switch-up is working! I'm thinking that was the little jump start I needed.  Now that my um tummy has um adjusted to all of my new meals and I've figured out how to cook sweet potatoes (don't judge me man, I don't cook things) I've added some new vitamins and such.  I didn't want to do it all at the same time.  The problem over the past month or so was not that I wasn't working out, or sticking with my WW points plan, it was the I had figured out how to 'work the system' food-wise.  I was staying within my points (and still eating SOOO much better than I used to) but everything was packaged, processed, 100-calorie pack, frozen, blah blah blah. I had moved away from the 'real' food and hadn't even realized it (see post about those blasted gnomes). Lots of little pieces are coming together again to work for me- gym, food, support.

Now, in WW land, this was a really big week! With this loss I hit my 25 pound mark on their program and my 10% mark! -10% of my starting body weight is gone! You can't see me now, but I'm doin' the Roger Rabbit dance in celebration! It's almost as good as a fat-man touchdown dance.  I can do that too.

I'll also say it again - and you're all tired of it I know, but walking in to the gym was the best thing I ever did. EVER.  I'm moving right along with my training sessions and loving it.  We 'boxed' for an hour this week and let me tell you- you have a beer or something at the end of a crappy day that's fine, but knocking the hell out of someone or something really takes all of the crud away! Ok, so I know I wasn't really boxing like the big boys but it really does work.  Also, I'm sure I think I was hitting Big A harder than I really was.  I'll stick with my ass-kicking version. :)

So all of this is great, but I had a little ohh-la-la moment this week.  I've been sitting, crossing my legs all the time. What's the big deal? I am, after all, a lady, dammit, so I should be sitting with my legs crossed! Well here's the deal - I couldn't do that before.  I could put my foot up on my knee and that was about it.  I was sitting in the chair at the gym just as comfy as can be and I realized what I was doing. I almost teared up a little bit.  I'm so excited, I think I'm just going to go around crossing my legs willy-nilly everywhere! Look! Here I am crossing my legs at work. And here- there I am crossing them in the gym!  Now, the thighs are still full of thunder but we're working on that. 

Summer school for me starts tomorrow and I'll be taking 3 classes.  I have no idea how I'm going to fit everything in each day!


And finally - Happy Mother's Day to my momma! She just turned 60 and deserves a major award for dealing with me for 35 of those years.
Me and Momma Joyce in July 2012- We'll have to take a picture with the work-in-progress me . This is the most recent one I can find. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment