Whether you'll admit it or not, you all know you have them in your house. Underwear gnomes. Dryer gnomes. Sock gnomes. And...in my house...refrigerator gnomes.
Those little bastards have infiltrated my fridge again. If you read my older posts, I did a sweeping clean-up of our fridge and pantry a few months back and it was awesome. Well, the little buggers have slowly been sneaking things back in there that just don't belong and they are totally sabotaging me. They thought I wouldn't notice, I guess, because I'm still plugging along and doing well. I looked and there they all were - soda, bad cheese, whole milk, more bad cheese. Those are all the things that 'I can have just a little of as a treat.' yet they kept hanging around. I still haven't figured out how they gnomes got them from the store to the house in those tiny wheelbarrows.
So this morning, coupons in hand of course, we did a clean up again and went shopping for my new food adventures. It was good and I saved $58 by the way! I think I can do it. It will involve, though, two things that I'm not so good at: getting up early, and preparing the night before. I spent about two hours tonight cooking some things and getting them ready for tomorrow and the rest of the week. It's just a new habit, I guess, that will take some getting used to. Just pray for patience for my poor husband who has to wake me up a little earlier in the mornings now.

No comments:
Post a Comment