This is one of those good news/bad news posts; though I have to remind myself that there really is no bad news as long as I am working hard.
Well let's start with the good news:
I was down 2 pounds at WW weigh in this week. That was an unexpected gift because I didn't feel any lighter! (You laugh, but sometimes you do feel when you're a pound or two down.)
And now, let's call it the other news instead of bad news:
Big A and I had a date with the measuring tape yesterday. We revisited the measurements and info. he took down in February to see how I had progressed. I was disappointed. I didn't cry. I sure as hell wanted to, but I prefer to be a tough character if I can because all crying does is make my nose run. Some numbers were better, some the same, and some a little worse. Based on my gym work-ethic I just really thought I would have progressed a little bit more on paper.
Bummed.
Totally bummed.
It didn't change anything. I still want to do this, and I'm still working/going to work hard. So what do we do? We're still going to work hard 3 times per week, and I need to work a little harder on my own (between work, homework, husband, sleep...). I'm also going to try a new food plan courtesy of Big A. I'm still a proud WW girl, and this new plan should fit just fine in my points system. I'll do yet another cleansing of the fridge and pantry this weekend and start from scratch on Monday. This may be what I need for a new jump-start, especially after a lot of eating out this week.
There's a little motivation for this new start too. Our gym is running a "biggest loser" style contest that started this week (that's why we started over with new measurements and such). I want to win it. Period. Ask my husband, there's not much I like more in this world than winning. We'll see - I'm going to bust my butt, though, that's for sure.
So I just need to remember that I'm doing well - and I've come a LOOOOONNG way since that first time I walked in the door of Anytime Fitness in January. I feel better. Measurements aside, my clothes are starting to not fit or fit differently. I also worked out with person who is new to the gym this past week and, even though she is quite a bit smaller than me, I was able to spot areas where have improved a lot compared to someone just starting out. (Thanks, Big A, for pointing that out to me.)
What else?
As usual, school is kicking my butt but my two classes end next Friday. That means this coming week is going to be tough. Whew! Then I'll get a school break for a whole weekend before two more classes start up for eight weeks; oh yea, and then a third will overlap the last two weeks of those two classes. Good times. Deep breaths.
Well let's start with the good news:
I was down 2 pounds at WW weigh in this week. That was an unexpected gift because I didn't feel any lighter! (You laugh, but sometimes you do feel when you're a pound or two down.)
And now, let's call it the other news instead of bad news:
Big A and I had a date with the measuring tape yesterday. We revisited the measurements and info. he took down in February to see how I had progressed. I was disappointed. I didn't cry. I sure as hell wanted to, but I prefer to be a tough character if I can because all crying does is make my nose run. Some numbers were better, some the same, and some a little worse. Based on my gym work-ethic I just really thought I would have progressed a little bit more on paper.
Bummed.
Totally bummed.
It didn't change anything. I still want to do this, and I'm still working/going to work hard. So what do we do? We're still going to work hard 3 times per week, and I need to work a little harder on my own (between work, homework, husband, sleep...). I'm also going to try a new food plan courtesy of Big A. I'm still a proud WW girl, and this new plan should fit just fine in my points system. I'll do yet another cleansing of the fridge and pantry this weekend and start from scratch on Monday. This may be what I need for a new jump-start, especially after a lot of eating out this week.
There's a little motivation for this new start too. Our gym is running a "biggest loser" style contest that started this week (that's why we started over with new measurements and such). I want to win it. Period. Ask my husband, there's not much I like more in this world than winning. We'll see - I'm going to bust my butt, though, that's for sure.
So I just need to remember that I'm doing well - and I've come a LOOOOONNG way since that first time I walked in the door of Anytime Fitness in January. I feel better. Measurements aside, my clothes are starting to not fit or fit differently. I also worked out with person who is new to the gym this past week and, even though she is quite a bit smaller than me, I was able to spot areas where have improved a lot compared to someone just starting out. (Thanks, Big A, for pointing that out to me.)
What else?
As usual, school is kicking my butt but my two classes end next Friday. That means this coming week is going to be tough. Whew! Then I'll get a school break for a whole weekend before two more classes start up for eight weeks; oh yea, and then a third will overlap the last two weeks of those two classes. Good times. Deep breaths.

No comments:
Post a Comment