| Ruby Pearl Cavanaugh, my trusty blogging assistant showing the world what she thinks of my work. |
Construction of a Wednesday crappy attitude:
Layer 1
GDD. Gym Deficit Disorder. If you recall, I had a tiny increase on the scale last week and my trainer was on vacation. While I did mostly keep up with cardio on my own while Big A was away I barely hit the gym for over a week. (We started back, thank God, this Monday) I put in some good miles on the road but I could definitely tell a difference in my energy and attitude. I'm sure my husband did too. -Love you, boo!
Layer 2
FF. Fridge Fail. Our refrigerator died and we were without one for a a little over a week. Do you know how hard it is to eat healthy foods, that you generally have to cook, without cold stuff? Of course it was much easier to just eat out that take extra steps to eat all of the healthiest choices. It got ugly. Italian restaurant ugly. This lead to layer three even though I've been back on track for a few days with food.
Layer 3
WWF. No, not Words With Friends- Weight Watchers Fail. I'm further away from 50 lbs lost than I was last week. That's no shocker given the events leading up to my weigh-in today. What was a shock was my open-mouthed Napoleon Dynamite "GossssH" when I saw the number. Really? How was I shocked? I knew what was going to happen! The good thing is it wasn't damage that isn't reversible and I'll have that number back where it needs to be by the next time I show my face in there. There it is. -Three layers of piss and vinegar. A few other things also didn't go my way between the time I left work and the end of my 25 mile commute and made me want to drive right by Anytime Fitness and go straight to the end that road to the BBQ joint for buckets of mac-and-cheese. But I didn't. My evening plans had changed so I went in for Big A training and of course felt great after.
My attitude was starting to turn around when I went to our neighborhood Subway after my workout. Usually about once a week we 'treat' ourselves to Subway. I always go sweaty and in my soaked gym clothes. I'm sure those people get tired of seeing me in lycra. Anyway. There is one lady who is always there at the same time as me. I don't know her and she never speaks. Tonight, she did. As I ordered she said "Honey, I just don't know why you even get that sandwich when you're not goin' to put no cheese or mayne-aze on it! Wouldn't be worth it to me. Nuh uh! I love mayne-aze too much!" She was so cute! I told her I was working on my health, etc. She said she had noticed me come in and out of there for while and she thought I was always coming from the gym or somewhere- and that she had noticed a difference in the way I looked and that I should keep up the good work and not go to Subway too much! How sweet was that!? I thought that was thoughtful and encouraging. She cracked me up! It really did wash the stank right off of me!
So things are turning around.
What else?
- The yard sale was great and I re-homed a lot of clothes that don't no longer fit me.
- We're 23 days away from football kick-off and less than 20 days away from soccer season!
- Oh, and this:
Wish me luck this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment