Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I didn't injure anyone today...

Well, Day 2 (really day 1 of new eating) is in the books.  No injuries to report. It's going to take a while for me to figure out how to keep myself satisfied throughout the day without literally stuffing myself full, but it wasn't too bad. I had a small skinny mocha (no whipped cream) on the way to work and a banana and granola bar for snacks.  Scary part of the day - I went out for lunch with the ladies to this place that has the best damn pizza! (Back off, I didn't order pizza) I had water and a nice sized salad with chicken, greens, pear, gorgonzola, tomatoes and a light dressing. Very good - and very filling! No big deal right?  Well all my girlfriends had pizza and it smelled so good - I really did catch myself drooling. So that combined with me thinking of my normal habits made it a little tough.

Let me fill you in on what I might normally have by the end of lunch on a random weekday:

  • Multiple Cokes/Dr Peppers
  • Some water
  • The biggest Mocha I can find (no skim, and whipped cream yo)
  • Sometimes breakfast - fast food biscuit and or hash browns
  • Any number of treats from my two (yes two) candy jars on my desk. 
  • Then lunch - whole 10-12 in. 'personal' pizza, fast food big ass value meal, giant sub sandwich with lots of cheese, mayo etc. Dessert is always in order of course!! 

See? All that we we've barely hit 1pm.  Pair that with afternoon snacking and delivery pizza, wings, steak subs, chips/dip, ice cream, snacky cakes and cheesey poofs at night and I don't even know how I could move around!

I'll add something, though, about lunch).  Eating with a crew who is fun and keeps the conversation going (which we had NO problem doing) makes it easier so you're not totally focused on the food, but on the company.


Lastly, a way to get rid of my candy jars on my desk fell in to my lap today. Meet Blue (You're my boy!!).  Someone at work pawned off a betta fish on me. It was a lab fish in one of our student athlete's classes and he was about to get a 1 way ticket to fish heaven because they were done doing whatever it is they do to lab fish.  Anyway, now he's mine and I put him in the spot were my candy usually is. Baby steps. Let's hope he hangs around for a while....and also that he doesn't turn in to some sort of mutant lab creature.




2 comments:

  1. WTG Angel!!

    I can totally relate to everything you've blogged so far. I find that doing small changes or 1 big change at a time is definitely the better route for me to take (changing everything all at once just totally sets me up for disaster & I last *maybe* 1 day at doing it).

    I would be down to keep you/us in check with some exercise. I try to go, but admittedly have been slack lately, at least 3-4 days/week - either to the gym for Zumba or hit the trail for walking & occasionally some jogging.
    And maybe saying 'keep us in check' is not the right way of phrasing it but having some sort of accountability - if you exercise on a day I will & vice versa. (and I am writing a lot here but I got off FB & don't have your email readily avail). I have done the C25K program a couple of times (and repeated days & certain weeks many a time). I am still working my way up to jogging an entire 5K ... it's baby steps dude. :)

    Anyway, all that aside, I just wanted to say I think it is great that you are taking control of things & trying to be healthy FOR YOU. :)

    If you ever want to chat about anything, vent, talk exercise or what not, feel free to email me or call/text - my email is prinlea2000@gmail.com.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Jamie! angelc@virginia.edu is my email and I'll email you my #!

    ReplyDelete