Sunday, October 21, 2012

One more week down...

Well here we are again, y'all. It's Sunday. -Another week down that included a few bumps but as of this morning I am at 279.5! My fingers don't feel quite as sausage-like as I type today! :) Honestly, I haven't noticed any differences physically. I'm sure I'll have to get that number lower for that.

I'm very excited that I continue to make progress because, honestly, I thought after one week I would have screwed myself up somehow. That's not to say that I still haven't made some not-so-great choices or enjoyed a treat! I have.  I had a few beers with friends Friday night, but also chose to eat a light dinner to help myself out.  That's the balance I'm trying to create every day so that I don't make myself miserable along with everyone around me.  I'm not saying that I'm ok if I drink beer every day as long as I eat a plain grilled chicken breast.  I know better than that!

Walk buddy  - Leroy Jenkins
I also know that I need to begin to push myself now with the exercise part of this. I've been doing well but I'm going to have to start moving even more.  My dog seems to understand this since he's been brining me his leash and harness and giving me the stare-down every time I come in the house!

Making it through a home football Saturday was a little easier this week since we had an early game and I had to work.  Less temptation!!


I've noticed this week...

...that I'm not nearly as moody as I had been since the start of my
    little project

...that I'm not as stressed if I don't weigh myself every morning

...taking the candy jars off my desk at work brings me less visitors :( but it was really one of the best decisions I've made

...Justin Timberlake finally realized that I've moved on with my life without him so he hit rock-bottom and married that poor girl.


Goals for the coming week...

Move more!
Lots more water!
Cook more meals at home!
Check out other walking/jogging apps for my phone. My LoLo app isn't really cutting it for me anymore. Any suggestions?










1 comment:

  1. I downloaded the 5K runner app - it'll tell you when to walk & when to run/jog/shuffle your feet (that last one is what I do). It lets you listen to your own music & just dings in to let you know when you need to do what.

    I don't have any other good ones that I can think of off hand. Well, there is one but it's got some older music but it's good stuff (hip hop) - I believe it's kiss my black ass dot org.

    ReplyDelete