Thankfully, I (and my WW girls) have finished February with a bang! - And a little dance move with a flourish. I was down 2 lbs tonight! That brings our Team JAG total to 63 lbs between the three of us! I'm so proud of us. I know we drive the others crazy with our squirming around and giggling, but we can't help it. We're 15 year-olds in 30-something bodies.
I've also started to channel my inner Forrest Gump. I started to bump up my gym cardio and have begun a 7 week 5k training program. My first mile time was around 20 minutes. I decided to hit the street on Monday and see what I could do with the Map My Run app outside. I couldn't believe my time! I did a pretty consistent walk 1:00, run 1:00 pattern for a little over a mile (I went 1.52 total by the time it was all over) and my mile times was 16:50!!!! Maybe I was pushing more. Maybe I had more to keep me distracted; like the construction dudes that wouldn't get out of my way that I almost had to hurdle or the poor lady walking 4 dogs that almost took me out. It was hard and also fun! Again, WHO am I?? I followed that up by Big A time Tuesday - which was TOUGH, and the gym on my own again tonight. I did 1.5 miles again at the run/walk interval and as best I can tell my mile time was about 18:00. I know I may not be able to run the whole 5K in April, but I'm going to give it my best shot. And 5k buddy is too!
I've kind-of thrown another goal in the ring for myself. If you'll remember we're up to:
Weight loss (Duh)
Bike around the lake
Zip the North Face jacket (Done!)
Fit into the XL Redskins shirt
and....
Go on a hike. In Washington state. (And hopefully somewhere around here before that). Laugh if you must but I do have a "bucket list" It's full of tons of things big and small, do-able and probably never do-able, quirky and fairly normal. One day I'll share the whole thing with you all but today - Washington. Dave Matthews Band. The Gorge Amphitheater. Being a 'townie' from central Virginia, I came up with DMB and am still a huge fan. I've been to tons of shows but one show (a weekend of shows, actually) has always been near the top of my list. Labor Day Weekend at The Gorge. DMB Friday - Sunday with a beautiful back drop of mountains and the Columbia River. It's never been feasible before. We haven't had the cash, or our schedules couldn't work. But finally, thanks to my husband, we are making it a reality! I could not be more excited! In between all of the music we will find a place and make that hike!! -To some place high and pretty. I can't wait. And I'm sorry now if I mention it 800 more times before then. If I continue working hard I should feel strong enough to do it. And Jason is working too! We're going to do it together.
I've kind-of thrown another goal in the ring for myself. If you'll remember we're up to:
Weight loss (Duh)
Bike around the lake
Zip the North Face jacket (Done!)
Fit into the XL Redskins shirt
and....
Go on a hike. In Washington state. (And hopefully somewhere around here before that). Laugh if you must but I do have a "bucket list" It's full of tons of things big and small, do-able and probably never do-able, quirky and fairly normal. One day I'll share the whole thing with you all but today - Washington. Dave Matthews Band. The Gorge Amphitheater. Being a 'townie' from central Virginia, I came up with DMB and am still a huge fan. I've been to tons of shows but one show (a weekend of shows, actually) has always been near the top of my list. Labor Day Weekend at The Gorge. DMB Friday - Sunday with a beautiful back drop of mountains and the Columbia River. It's never been feasible before. We haven't had the cash, or our schedules couldn't work. But finally, thanks to my husband, we are making it a reality! I could not be more excited! In between all of the music we will find a place and make that hike!! -To some place high and pretty. I can't wait. And I'm sorry now if I mention it 800 more times before then. If I continue working hard I should feel strong enough to do it. And Jason is working too! We're going to do it together.
![]() |
| The Gorge Amphitheater |


No comments:
Post a Comment