Are y'all ready for this?
First, I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to my sports teams. I missed the last Tuesday home game (in order to keep my gym appointment with Big A) for my Wahoos and they won. Tonight I did the same thing. The outcome of the game is still being determined at this moment as I type, but there were two huge victories for my in the gym tonight!!
So I do a lot of circuits with my trainer; one or two minute intervals moving from drill to drill for anywhere between five and ten minutes depending on what we're doing. Well we were setting up to get started and he springs it on me. Two of my six circuits are things I'm terrified of: Pull Ups and Sit Ups.
These have been my nemeses since elementary school. As a rotund little sixth grader, I loved PE class for the social aspects of it. I did NOT love any other thing about it, except kickball. We had this dreadful PE teacher, Mr. Wells, who was honestly horrible to everyone. This pig of a man should have never been allowed around women or children. Ever. When I couldn't run fast he would tell me "Sims, if that was a Big Mac you'd be runnin' after it.." That was one of the tamest things I remember, and it was worse when we had to do that mandatory physical fitness testing; which included the dreaded pull up and sit up. I don't recall ever being able to do a single pull up, and I was never ever able to do a sit up even with a partner holding my feet. Every time I just basically laid or stood where I was hoping for the minute to be over really quickly so he'd shut up and I could go back to my corner. You can imagine my disinterest from there on out in anything related to those exercises.
Well - tonight, covered in the most sweat ever, I did it. I didn't do many at all. And I struggled. I made foul noises. But I did them! Both of them. One right after the other! I was beating myself up a little bit as we were winding down until Big A reminded me that it doesn't matter how many I did or didn't do- I just 'did' it. And I'm getting stronger. (And not to make myself sound cooler, but I've been a little sick for a few days too. So there!!!) It's little victories like this that make me want to keep working. After I started to feel better I really wanted to do the truffle shuffle in the middle of the gym.
Tomorrow is WW weigh in day with team JAG. :) We will see what happens - I've done okay this week with food, etc. but haven't been as hard-core as I was last week. I'll let you know...
So in closing: Mr. Wells can shove it. Sit ups and Pull ups can shove it. And VPI can shove it - my Hoos won! Wahoowa!
First, I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to my sports teams. I missed the last Tuesday home game (in order to keep my gym appointment with Big A) for my Wahoos and they won. Tonight I did the same thing. The outcome of the game is still being determined at this moment as I type, but there were two huge victories for my in the gym tonight!!
So I do a lot of circuits with my trainer; one or two minute intervals moving from drill to drill for anywhere between five and ten minutes depending on what we're doing. Well we were setting up to get started and he springs it on me. Two of my six circuits are things I'm terrified of: Pull Ups and Sit Ups.
These have been my nemeses since elementary school. As a rotund little sixth grader, I loved PE class for the social aspects of it. I did NOT love any other thing about it, except kickball. We had this dreadful PE teacher, Mr. Wells, who was honestly horrible to everyone. This pig of a man should have never been allowed around women or children. Ever. When I couldn't run fast he would tell me "Sims, if that was a Big Mac you'd be runnin' after it.." That was one of the tamest things I remember, and it was worse when we had to do that mandatory physical fitness testing; which included the dreaded pull up and sit up. I don't recall ever being able to do a single pull up, and I was never ever able to do a sit up even with a partner holding my feet. Every time I just basically laid or stood where I was hoping for the minute to be over really quickly so he'd shut up and I could go back to my corner. You can imagine my disinterest from there on out in anything related to those exercises.
Tomorrow is WW weigh in day with team JAG. :) We will see what happens - I've done okay this week with food, etc. but haven't been as hard-core as I was last week. I'll let you know...
So in closing: Mr. Wells can shove it. Sit ups and Pull ups can shove it. And VPI can shove it - my Hoos won! Wahoowa!
![]() |
| Way to go Wahoos! You keep wining, I'll keep going to the gym! |

"Mr. Trainer reminded me that it doesn't matter how many I did or didn't do- I just 'did' it."
ReplyDeleteThat's the most important part - YOU DID IT! Awesome job & keep up the great work. :)
You go girl! You are such an inspiration. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete