Tuesday, 1/29
It's all about balance...
...and I don't have it!!
Big A took off the kid-gloves last night and I've been moving like a three toed sloth all day. I'm not posting today so I can whine, but so I can give you all the funniest mental image: big girl on a ball.
In front of the whole gym and all its mirrors he had me do a series of activities that I like to call The Plus Sized Circus. I was like a clapping seal trying to perform with only one flipper and asthma attack.
There were four circuits that will likely seem harmless to someone who is more physically fit, but I was a bit terrified. First, I had to use a resistance strap to do some bicep curls. Next, I had to squat and dangle a kettle bell between my legs and then raise it high. (And for some reason while I was doing this each time, all I could think of was my friend Wendy and what she'd be saying to me if she were there. She has lots of fun analogies.) Then there's the ball. Half of a ball to be exact. I was required to stand on the bottom of it, balance, and squat. I'll give you a moment to craft your mental images of me on this devil of a ball. I wobbled and bobbled, huffed and puffed. But I did it. I did it. I finished the workout. I didn't complain, I didn't quit, and I didn't say I can't. -And even better, Big A didn't quit on me. This was the first workout like this we have done prior to me making a longer commitment to our sessions and he had the option to say "Yeahhhh....about that. This isn't gonna work out." But he didn't. So giddy up! What I did tonight was the toughest thing (physically) I've ever done. That is crazy because these 'little' tasks are no problem for some folks. Big A has his work cut out for him for sure!
Wednesday, 1/30
There is a big middle finger drawn on my calendar for today. I was up almost 4 pounds on the WW scales tonight! What the (*&^%$#@!!@#$. I was so mad. BUT I realized that even though I have been busting it in the gym day after day I definitely hadn't been drinking enough water during the last week and I probably need to ramp up on my fruits and veggies. This was the first time this has happened. I'm just going to pretend today didn't happen. And the numbers will be significantly down next Wednesday! Don't worry, my jacket still zips! Next.
Thursday, 1/31
I feel a little better on WW after discussing with Big A. Oh, and p.s. I'm a fighting machine! Thank you, God for not putting me back on the balance ball tonight! I'm sure it will show up again when I least expect it to kick my butt. I had to use a floor ladder to do some squatting in-and-out, stepping/jumping in and out. That didn't seem to difficult, except when I look straight down I can't exactly see my feet as they are covered up by Regina and Latoya.
I did some similar exercises as I did on Tuesday but there was a twist!! Violence. Okay, structured violence against Big A and a legless dummy. I did timed windows of throwing punches, throwing a dummy down and punching him (I'll name him Willy, I think.) repeatedly in the head area, and wrapping my legs around him while on my back and, again, repeatedly punching him in the head area. Again, I'll let you take a moment for that mental image and chuckle. It. Was. Awesome. Granted, I was panting and smelled like a junkyard dog in August but after I could breathe and speak again I felt awesome! I slept really well, imagine that.
Friday, 2/1
OUCH. Damn you, Willy.
Saturday, 2/2
I went to the gym and it started snowing like crazy! I stayed. Who am I?
Sunday
Well I can move on to today since a horrible non-call just screwed the 49ers out of a Super Bowl win. That's a real bummer. I tell you what, though, I'm buying stock in Colin Kaepernick. I like that kid. At least Ray Lewis is now gone from the game as a player! I'm sorry - I'm one of those crazy people who thinks that character counts and I could just never get beyond that with him.
Anyway, no major eating downfalls this weekend which is great! The weekends seem to be the toughest. I had a lot of school work to do and that helped distract me from the one small pack of Oreo cookies that I know are in the kitchen! (And yes, they are still there.) This week I'm going to keep it moving in the gym and I'm going to pump myself full of water and apples! We'll see what happens at weigh-in on Wednesday. I'm really glad I didn't just toss the whole rest of the week down the tubes after Wednesday. I'm just working stuff out.
Before I doze off - thank you to those of you I saw in passing this week at the store, or the game, etc. who asked how things were going. I appreciate it. And I need it! Because, even with the hurdles, things ARE going well. And they are better when I know people are watching. It keeps me honest. :)
It's all about balance...
...and I don't have it!!
Big A took off the kid-gloves last night and I've been moving like a three toed sloth all day. I'm not posting today so I can whine, but so I can give you all the funniest mental image: big girl on a ball.
In front of the whole gym and all its mirrors he had me do a series of activities that I like to call The Plus Sized Circus. I was like a clapping seal trying to perform with only one flipper and asthma attack.
![]() |
| Like this - but with the grace of a Rhino |
Wednesday, 1/30
There is a big middle finger drawn on my calendar for today. I was up almost 4 pounds on the WW scales tonight! What the (*&^%$#@!!@#$. I was so mad. BUT I realized that even though I have been busting it in the gym day after day I definitely hadn't been drinking enough water during the last week and I probably need to ramp up on my fruits and veggies. This was the first time this has happened. I'm just going to pretend today didn't happen. And the numbers will be significantly down next Wednesday! Don't worry, my jacket still zips! Next.
Thursday, 1/31
I feel a little better on WW after discussing with Big A. Oh, and p.s. I'm a fighting machine! Thank you, God for not putting me back on the balance ball tonight! I'm sure it will show up again when I least expect it to kick my butt. I had to use a floor ladder to do some squatting in-and-out, stepping/jumping in and out. That didn't seem to difficult, except when I look straight down I can't exactly see my feet as they are covered up by Regina and Latoya.
I did some similar exercises as I did on Tuesday but there was a twist!! Violence. Okay, structured violence against Big A and a legless dummy. I did timed windows of throwing punches, throwing a dummy down and punching him (I'll name him Willy, I think.) repeatedly in the head area, and wrapping my legs around him while on my back and, again, repeatedly punching him in the head area. Again, I'll let you take a moment for that mental image and chuckle. It. Was. Awesome. Granted, I was panting and smelled like a junkyard dog in August but after I could breathe and speak again I felt awesome! I slept really well, imagine that.
Friday, 2/1
OUCH. Damn you, Willy.
Saturday, 2/2
I went to the gym and it started snowing like crazy! I stayed. Who am I?
Sunday
Well I can move on to today since a horrible non-call just screwed the 49ers out of a Super Bowl win. That's a real bummer. I tell you what, though, I'm buying stock in Colin Kaepernick. I like that kid. At least Ray Lewis is now gone from the game as a player! I'm sorry - I'm one of those crazy people who thinks that character counts and I could just never get beyond that with him.
Anyway, no major eating downfalls this weekend which is great! The weekends seem to be the toughest. I had a lot of school work to do and that helped distract me from the one small pack of Oreo cookies that I know are in the kitchen! (And yes, they are still there.) This week I'm going to keep it moving in the gym and I'm going to pump myself full of water and apples! We'll see what happens at weigh-in on Wednesday. I'm really glad I didn't just toss the whole rest of the week down the tubes after Wednesday. I'm just working stuff out.
Before I doze off - thank you to those of you I saw in passing this week at the store, or the game, etc. who asked how things were going. I appreciate it. And I need it! Because, even with the hurdles, things ARE going well. And they are better when I know people are watching. It keeps me honest. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment