1
So another week down and I'm happy to say I'm a loser again! I was down another pound last night at our WW weigh-in. YAY! All of Team JAG was down again!
12
I've been attending WW now for 12 weeks. And I haven't missed a week of weighing in.
40 and 15
The number of pounds I 'pulled' on the lateral pulldown tonight at the gym. -3 sets of 15. -Big accomplishment for me! Of course, the guy who was on before me was flying 100 pounds up and down like it was nothing! I'm proud though! I did 15 knees-down (AKA 'girl') push ups as well during Big A time tonight. Another good accomplishment for me. I'll keep building up and will be doing more and more hopefully.
47/43
Well, can you guess this one? I'll give you a hint. It's a ratio and a percentage; 47 and 43%. It's what's written on my fat club membership card. It's my BMI and my body fat percentage. (Body Mass Index, and the percentage of your body that is straight up fat.) My body is made up of 43% fat! That's about half! This is a number I needed but did not want to know. But the time had to come, and Big A measured me up and used the little machine and that's what we're left with. 47 and 43%. A healthy woman of my age and height should have a BMI around 24. I'm almost twice that! Wow. And, by the way, a BMI over 30 is considered "obesity". I'm such a stellar student, that I seem to have skipped that step and jumped right to "morbidly obese". A BMI that high, combined with the fact that I am currently still 100% over my medically ideal body weight buts me in that class. We're getting out of there stat! That may be the second wake up call I need to keep me going for a while. So basically right now I have as much fat as I do skin, bones and organs. Not cool, body. Not cool. He also measured me (which I didn't look at) and we'll re-visit all of these numbers periodically. I'm going to push that number down!
5
5K suckassss! To add a little variety to my new routines I signed up for a 5k race today. BOOM! I know it's a lofty challenge, but I've got a 5k buddy and we're going to try it. It is a walk/run so there's little pressure. I know I can do the 3.2 mile distance. My hope is that I can run some of it. I have about 8 weeks until the race and I'll be adding some jogging to my cardio workouts in between training sessions. It's for the UVA Medical Center Pediatric Oncology Department which is a great cause. If kids can fight cancer, I can shuffle my butt around UVA Grounds. -And the more the merrier. Feel free to join us! (Here's the info if you're interested - http://www.hoosheal.com/Race.aspx )
We have a long weekend ahead. We're having all new windows installed tomorrow, thank you God! Our power bills for our tiny house have rivaled that of ones 10x our size. ( I'll be thankful to save some money (that we'll promptly give to the gym) and be a little more energy efficient.) And we both have lots of homework to do for school. I'm almost finished with my first graduate class and I couldn't be more excited! Plus Jason hit the under-a-year mark until he graduates. Hard work and fun times ahead for Team Cavanaugh!
Well I'm about to start drooling on my laptop. 'Night y'all.
So another week down and I'm happy to say I'm a loser again! I was down another pound last night at our WW weigh-in. YAY! All of Team JAG was down again!
12
I've been attending WW now for 12 weeks. And I haven't missed a week of weighing in.
40 and 15
![]() |
| Lateral Pull Down |
The number of pounds I 'pulled' on the lateral pulldown tonight at the gym. -3 sets of 15. -Big accomplishment for me! Of course, the guy who was on before me was flying 100 pounds up and down like it was nothing! I'm proud though! I did 15 knees-down (AKA 'girl') push ups as well during Big A time tonight. Another good accomplishment for me. I'll keep building up and will be doing more and more hopefully.
47/43
Well, can you guess this one? I'll give you a hint. It's a ratio and a percentage; 47 and 43%. It's what's written on my fat club membership card. It's my BMI and my body fat percentage. (Body Mass Index, and the percentage of your body that is straight up fat.) My body is made up of 43% fat! That's about half! This is a number I needed but did not want to know. But the time had to come, and Big A measured me up and used the little machine and that's what we're left with. 47 and 43%. A healthy woman of my age and height should have a BMI around 24. I'm almost twice that! Wow. And, by the way, a BMI over 30 is considered "obesity". I'm such a stellar student, that I seem to have skipped that step and jumped right to "morbidly obese". A BMI that high, combined with the fact that I am currently still 100% over my medically ideal body weight buts me in that class. We're getting out of there stat! That may be the second wake up call I need to keep me going for a while. So basically right now I have as much fat as I do skin, bones and organs. Not cool, body. Not cool. He also measured me (which I didn't look at) and we'll re-visit all of these numbers periodically. I'm going to push that number down!
5
5K suckassss! To add a little variety to my new routines I signed up for a 5k race today. BOOM! I know it's a lofty challenge, but I've got a 5k buddy and we're going to try it. It is a walk/run so there's little pressure. I know I can do the 3.2 mile distance. My hope is that I can run some of it. I have about 8 weeks until the race and I'll be adding some jogging to my cardio workouts in between training sessions. It's for the UVA Medical Center Pediatric Oncology Department which is a great cause. If kids can fight cancer, I can shuffle my butt around UVA Grounds. -And the more the merrier. Feel free to join us! (Here's the info if you're interested - http://www.hoosheal.com/Race.aspx )
We have a long weekend ahead. We're having all new windows installed tomorrow, thank you God! Our power bills for our tiny house have rivaled that of ones 10x our size. ( I'll be thankful to save some money (that we'll promptly give to the gym) and be a little more energy efficient.) And we both have lots of homework to do for school. I'm almost finished with my first graduate class and I couldn't be more excited! Plus Jason hit the under-a-year mark until he graduates. Hard work and fun times ahead for Team Cavanaugh!
Well I'm about to start drooling on my laptop. 'Night y'all.

No comments:
Post a Comment